Covid-19 Vaccination - I've been Pfizered!

 A bit of a long post on a Sunday and the 10th day of the Ox Lunar Year. But the TLDR version of it is very simple. If you have been offered the vaccination, JUST DO IT. 


Got a text some time last week and thought it was a hoax or a scam initially. But turns out that I’m one of the luckier group of people to have been offered the Covid vaccination. An early group of people after they have vaccinated all the over age 65 and front liners. 


I think the reason why I am sharing this is not to gloat or to tell everyone that I’m safe to be approached in case you want to :) But more so to spread the message that the Covid-19 vaccination IS SAFE.


I’ve heard friends and families doubting the reliability and the risk of this vaccine. From the comprehensivity of the testing since it’s being developed and rolled out at a record speed, to the possibility of it having the purpose to “control and track” human mankind. #Nanomites!!


So let’s break this down my chain of thoughts right before I went for it. But before I forget, I have to say the whole vaccination process organised by the NHS here in the UK is really systematic and smooth. From the booking process to the actual vaccination location. You must stand here. You must sit there. And all for a mere 2 seconds jab on my left arm. :)


So, back to my chain of thoughts;


  1. The vaccine is developed within a year compare to 10 years - I may not be able to understand the technicality of it but from the commercial point of view, I don’t see why pharmaceutical companies not pouring ALL their existing and future resources into developing it. It’s almost certain that it will be a sell out once developed and it will be so for many many years to come. To a certain extend for these pharmaceutical companies, these are actually OPPORTUNITIES and one that will decide not just the popularity of the company but also the prosperity for many years ahead. And the prospect of them NOT FAILING is even greater than ever since this is almost a global awareness if anything went wrong with the vaccine that they have developed. 

  2. Did they have a proper trial? Not reading the medical journal or the time to read in more depth their trial process, I would say no. But because of what I’ve said above, I have no doubt that they would again make sure everything that could be anticipated would have been anticipated. And logically, they may not have enough trial time but hopefully would have been sufficiently compensated with their sample data while developing it. In the UK alone there were more than 4 million cases and Worldwide more than 100 million cases. And on a selfish note, there were more than 15 million vaccination jabs given before me. So, if anything would have gone wrong it would have been reported.

  3. Cost and opportunity. Let’s be frank. Life has to go on. Locking ourselves up, homeschooling, working from home, snap lockdown, no social gathering, social distancing even with your family members, zoom Chinese New year reunion dinner. These got to stop. Slowly. And while we can’t cure Covid-19, yet. Vaccination is the only way out of this.  Even if there is a risk. But if the risk of me contracting Covid is higher than the risk of getting the side effect of the vaccination, no one should hesitate to choose the latter.


So there you have it. More good news while I was typing this out. The UK PM has announced that he is pushing for all adults in the UK to be vaccinated by July 2021! And if has been successfully rolled out, I hope to see you all in summer! :)


#Covid19 #Vaccination #Pfizer



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The One With Canon Powershot S90 vs IXUS 300HS: Prologue

The One With 11 England Players